Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Samuel's 6 month check up

Well, Samuel had his 6 month check-up yesterday. All went well. He received 3 shots and 1 oral vaccine. Here are his stats:

Head: 18.18 in (97th percentile)
Weight: 18.72 lb (73rd percentile)
Length: 26.37 in (50th percentile)

Notice the head tilt? I mentioned to the doctor that his neck muscles do not appear the same on the back of his neck and that it leans to one side (like you see in the pic). Joseph had a similar issue. He called a Pediatric Physical Therapist and Samuel went in today. It appears that Samuel has moderate to severe torticollis. He won't need a helmet, but we have to do stretching exercises with him so he won't develop scoliosis in the future. He might need therapy for quite a few months. We have another appointment next week. Anyways...he is a cute and healthy little boy who loves to stick out his tongue and smile a lot. :)

After his therapy today, I was speaking with the receptionist to make another appointment for next week. She was excited for school to start because their office quiets down a lot. There was a mother there with her little boy who was Joseph's age. He kept pulling off his pants and underwear and running around the lobby. I felt bad for the mother. I mentioned to the receptionist that I need to find a pre-k for Joseph. The mother told me about a pre-k for kids with disabilities that is free. I think she tought one of my boys has some handicap. I guess torticollis could be considered a disability? She has another boy who also has developmental issues. It made me more grateful for my two beautiful little boys.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Samuel's head is actually bigger than Nathan's was at 6 months...but just barely (.19 of an inch). Of course, Nathan weighed about 4 pounds more! :) Cute kid!