Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why do I stay up late??

I am sitting here on the couch watching Joe play soccer on his Wii. He is beating the teams he plays by 8 or more goals each time. We spent a long time at the pet store looking at lizards, fish, cats, dogs, snakes, geckos, and bearded dragons. Joseph had a ball. The only drawback were the dogs coming for their obedience classes. They may have been puppies, but Joseph was afraid that they would bite (thanks Pippin). We bought some more crickets to feed his toad.

I felt the baby move 3 weeks ago today for the first time. I was singing "I am a child of God" to Joseph and the baby started to kick. It was fun to feel. Of course, now the baby dances on my bladder, so now, no matter how often I go to the bathroom, I soon have to run back. Joseph was telling the baby to wake up today. I think because Joseph was so tired, he felt that he should make the baby wake up too.

Joseph has Joe's old dinosaur comforter and sheets on his bed. He loves them. He put all the dinosaurs he has on them and then points out that he still needs stegosaurus and pteranodon. He also says thank you to Grandma Rankin for the Dr. Suess Cat in the Hat towel. He loves using it.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I'm glad you're doing better! How fun that you heard your baby (boy???) kick! That's the best feeling. =)

Vatonurse said...

So we were wondering what the real name of your frog is. I think it's Toad, but we aren't sure. Lydia apparently had a pet aquatic frog and they thought it died so they dropped it in the toilet for a funeral and it started swimming. It lived there for a week.

So what names have y'all decided? I think Armando or Jose or Grace, Lydia thinks Atlas or Piper. Let us know what you come up with.