Monday, August 4, 2008

Joseph and his baby brother or sister

On Saturday I decided to lay Joseph down for a nap. I told him that I was tired and that the baby was tired (Joseph was tired too). When we lay down to nap, I asked him to tell the baby that he/she needed to get to sleep. He told the baby, "you need go sleep now." We all took our naps. Well, Joseph enjoyed talking to his sibling, so yesterday we got more.

I was on the couch, leaning on my arm, when Joseph came over and pointed to my belly. He said, "baby you need to wake up." He then brought over some of his toys and started stacking them on my belly. He was talking to his little sibling and saying that he was going to share his toys and let the baby play with them. He stacked stuffed animals on my belly and put cars and trains in front of my belly. I would have tried to get a picture, but Joe was busy and the camera was in another room Joseph then asked the baby if he could have his toys back to play with.

Later that evening, he started to climb on me and pretend he was a roaring tiger. He stopped where the baby was and roared at my belly for a few minutes. He told the baby that he was a tiger. I talked to the baby too and let the baby know that Joseph was pretending. Joseph thought it was fun, so he made different animal sounds at my belly.

Joe asked him if I was going to have a baby tiger. Joseph said no. He kept asking if I was going to have different animals, to which Joseph responded no to everything. Joe finally asked what mommy was going to have, and Joseph said, "a bee" and then proceeded to make his little hand fly.

At lunch today, he gave the baby something to play with as well. It will be fun to see the two of them together. I just hope all continues to go well (and that the nausea will disappear). Joseph asked to go potty twice yesterday. He actually went poops in the toilet, but finished after we put a clean diaper on him. I guess you win some and lose some.

No comments: