Friday, August 1, 2008

Success

Joseph did it!!! He finally went poop in his little toilet. Yesterday after work, he looked like he wanted to go. I asked if he wanted to go in his toilet and he said yes. We ran upstairs and took off his diaper. He sat on the toilet for a few minutes and yelled, "I did it!" He said, "mommy check." I looked and he had gone. He was holding up his shirt and trying to clap. He looked at daddy and said, "I did it, yay!" Daddy gave him a high five. He was so happy.

The only downside is that I have to clean the toilet. It made me gag. I was just happy that he had gone.

Joseph is a funny kid. We play a kissing game which is we kiss each others cheeks over and over again. He loves it. He also asks me to sing about random things. I end up having to make up a song so that he gets his shark song, or fish song. or whatever pleases him. It is fun to try and do. Between his thumb and pointer finger, he says that he is missing a finger. He looks at our hands and says that we are missing fingers too. Yesterday he was playing with my hair and said, "I like your hair."

I love my little guy. I know that Joe does too. We both enjoy his little hugs and kisses. Joseph waited for his daddy to carry him to the car this morning. Joseph told his daddy, "I miss you.." What a sweet kid!! Not to say that he doesn't like to punch or throw tantrums (boy did he throw a big one last night because he wanted a bath). All in all, I wouldn't trade him for the world.

1 comment: