Monday, June 30, 2008

My little faker

So of late, Joseph has decided that the way to get out of things is to say that he is too sick. For example, we will ask him to fold his arms for prayer when we are going to bless the meals, and he will say, "I too sick." Too sick to fold his arms for prayer, but he watches to see if our eyes our closed and starts to eat dinner before we are done. He will sometimes continue on and say that he has a fever and needs to go to the doctor. When I call him on his bluff, he says, "I okay...no go to doctor." He uses this excuse when he doesn't want to pick up a mess he has made and when he wants attention. It doesn't help that he was sick for so long in April. Because of his allergies, he does think that he is ill. We are giving him allergy medication and the coughing has almost stopped. I will need to purchase his medication at Costco because at Target it costs $10 for 5 pills. They work for 24 hours, but still, with allergy season here for a long while still, we will have spent a ton of money come winter...

I am so grateful to have my little boy. On Saturday I explained to him that mommy was excited that she got to be with Joseph all day. He said, "I happy too." Then he clapped his little hands and said, "Daddy stay home with me too!" He then said, "mommy, don't go back to work." One day I will be able to stay with my cute little boy whose first words, that he yells at the top of his lungs every morning, are, "Mommy, Mommy!!" Last night he came into our room at 1:30 in the morning. I carried him back to bed and lay with him till he fell asleep again. I think it was too hot. None of us slept well last night. We have to get our swamp cooler fixed.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Kids are too clever! Imagine what he'll be coming up with a few years from now... I'm glad the allergy medication is helping!