Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend gone

It is amazing just how fast weekends fly by. It was only yesterday that I tried to sleep in, but with an almost 3 year old that is impossible. He is of the philosophy that it is not dark outside so everyone needs to wake up. When it gets dark out, everyone needs to go to bed. As we were coming back from church today, he said that he wanted to put on his pajamas, read lots of books, and go to bed. I mentioned that I wanted to make blueberry muffins, and he said, "I want to make blueberry nuffins." After his "nuffin" he took a 2 hour nap.

Today Joe made shish-kabobs on a bbq pit. We had chicken wrapped in bacon and steak pieces, as well as mushrooms and asparagus. The broccoli didn't work out so well, but the meat and mushrooms turned out really good. Joe worked all day Saturday trying to expose the roots of some trees in our yard. It was no big surprise to us when we saw that all of the trees are a family and connected by a very deep root system. We need to get a chainsaw to cut them down.

For mother's day, Joe bought me Wii fit. It is a lot of fun. Of course, I am overweight, but no shock to me there. It is very difficult to do yoga with Joseph head butting your leg, causing you to lose balance. Joseph likes to "exercise" too. He steps on the top of one of his storage units and trys to imitate the fitness trainer. Sometimes he does well, but most of the time, he likes to come to where I am exercising and push on me, crawl between my legs, etc.

This week I am leading a field trip, have a meeting in Heber, and am flying to San Diego for a conference with Joseph. I will be in Califonia for a little over a week. Joseph is excited because at some point we are going to the zoo and Seaworld. That means we have to endure a week of him whining because he doesn't understand that we can't go now. Already he is talking about the lions, fish, sharks, whales, birds, and all the other animals that he will see.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

You guys sure are busy! I'm glad you have a blog. =) Have fun in CA!!

Michelle said...

Do you like Wii fit? Jeff has thought about getting it. And by the way, I swear you are not overweight!

Wow, is it just you & Joseph going to California? How is that going to work? I hope you have a good trip! Make sure you take pictures so you can blog about them! :D