Thursday, June 26, 2008

Doctor day

Today I took Joseph to the doctor to consult him on whether or not Joseph has allergies. He has yet another runny nose, is sneezing, and is coughing lots. The doctor did a quick check and said it was probably allergies and to try allergy medicine for 5 days to see if it helps. If that medicine doesn't work, round 2 begins with another 5 day cycle with a different allergy medicine.

I just don't want a repeat of April. For those who don't know, he had strep, one ear infection, then 2 ear infections and then his little episode that had us in the hospital with him...and it all began because in March his allergies started and wouldn't go away. Of course, the doctor found some fluid in his ears, but they aren't infected, so no antibiotics. The allergies had gotten better in June, but then right before we went to San Diego, it started again. As a treat for being so good at the doctor's and not crying, we went to Dairy Queen and bought a popsicle for him and a dipped cone for me.

As he ate his red, white, and blue star-shaped popsicle, he exclaimed, "I happy!" this said as red and blue sticky goo slowly moved down his face. Joseph is quite the expressive little boy. He lets his feelings be known. I also let him eat some of my ice cream. I'm just not a big fan of "nice cream" as Joseph calls it. I would have recorded longer, but I ran out of memory on my camera. Darn.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

SOOOO cute! I couldn't help but get the biggest, cheesiest grin on my face when I watched the little video!

And I sure hope you can find out what is going on and DEFINITELY don't have a repeat of those other episodes!!