Monday, June 23, 2008

First day back

It is nice to be back home. Not that we didn't enjoy our time in San Diego, but it is nice to be in our home with my husband who stayed up way too late and didn't rest like he should have while his toddler boy was gone. I went back to work today. After trying to play catch up on my job as well as the 2 advisors who are gone (one on maternity leave and another had his last day on Friday), I realized I should have taken a day to rest and recover from my travels.

Joseph did well on the plane. He made friends everywhere he went. He is an adorable little boy. On the way to San Diego, he got to fly in the pilot's seat. He even posed for this picture. Right now he told me, "I am going to fall chick-a-bow," as he pretends to roll off the couch. Random side note as I post. He was well behaved at the airport and on the plane. Saturday he got to visit the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla. We drove by the San Diego temple and I pointed it out to him. He liked it and said it looked nice. I explained a little of what happens there. He liked the aquarium. His favorite activities involve anything that requires him to be playing in water...other than the ocean, which he reminds me, that is too cold. Of course, he didn't want to leave playing with the water. His souvenir was a toy whale and little wooden boat. We also went to La Jolla Cove and walked looking through the tide pools. We got to see lots of little crabs and mussels. Joseph did almost slip in some algae that was on some rocks.

Last but not least, this is Joseph with Ruby. He claimed her as his baby. He kept saying, "Ruby my baby." I had to let him know that Ruby was Jeneanne and Uriel's baby. He sure has his dad's impish grin. He wanted to bring her home with us, but we'll just have to have a brother for him someday soon. If you ask him if he wants a brother or sister, he answers "brother, he can play cars with me." He then gets this big smile on his face. Who can resist such an adorable little man who tonight said, "uh-oh, I getting tall like dad." He mentioned this after we told his dad that he was growing out of his sandals.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can't believe how old he is looking! Fun stories! Makes me excited to have his cousin!! :)