Sunday, June 29, 2008

Visiting teaching with toddlers


Joseph was quite persistent today during sacrament that he wanted to go to nursery. After sacrament, we were walking the opposite direction of nursery. When I walked him back, he said, "silly mommy, nursery over here." He walked right in like a big boy and went straight for "his" red car. When I went to get him, he had a copy of "Click, clack, moo, cows that type" in his hands. He approached different leaders to read it to him, but they were not ready for reading. After church, we got back home and only had a little time before I had to visit teach.


As I got ready to leave, Joseph wanted to come. I asked him to stay with daddy. He started to cry because he didn't want to stay. I changed his diaper and got him ready to go. Joseph did tell me when he started to go poop, but refused to go to the bathroom in the toilet. Back to visiting teaching. My companion usually brings her soon to be 4 year old daughter and I have brought Joseph to only one other visit. Well, he came and stuck by my side for a little while. The little girl had some magnetic dolls that you could put clothes and shoes on. Well, during the visit, she and Joseph started to giggle loudly. They were putting random articles on the faces of their dolls and each time they changed it, they would start to laugh and laugh. It was really cute, only I felt bad for our sister. She is a teacher and is very patient. After the visit, Joseph wanted to take the little girl home with us.


Yesterday, Joseph wanted me to help him clean his messy room. I talked to him about putting toys away after he was done playing. He looked at me and this morning, I found that he had pulled out 2 containers of toys and left them all over the place again. He wanted me to help him clean his messy room. We are going to have to talk again. Joseph did take a nice bath with his whale, sea turtle, and sting ray. He kept saying, "this is my favorite sting ray," or "this is my favorite turtle." and so forth. It was funny because he took his washcloth by one corner and pulled it along the water. He said, "this is alligator." At the end of his bath, he was swimming. He splashed water everywhere by kicking his feet. He even placed his face in the water. He loves water.

No comments: