Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What's up...

Life is crazy busy. Joseph is in 1st grade so every morning we rush around to get ready and then we run out the door to catch the bus. Samuel enjoys the chance to be outside and Joseph loves school so it is a win/win situation. I just wanted to document some things before I forget them.

Joseph wants to do chores so he can save money for legos. We talked to him about earning a nickel for every time he made his bed, if he cleans his room he gets a quarter, setting the table is a nickel, and so forth. He wants a chore that will earn him a dollar, but we haven't thought of any yet. The other day he was talking about what he needed to get paid and the following conversation ensued:

Mommy:"Wait, I don't get paid for cleaning or washing the dishes. That is not fair."
Joseph: "Mommy you do get paid."
Mommy: "I get paid huh?"
Joseph: "Yes, you get paid in love."

I smiled when he said it. He is a funny boy. Last week he was upset because he missed Utah and his friends. He wanted to see his kindergarten teacher again too. It was a rough Friday for all of us. Samuel likes to talk as well. When we say something that he doesn't like he will tell us that he doesn't love us anymore. We tell him that we love him no matter what. When he is happy with what we say he says that he loves us again. The most common thing he says in his prayers is "bless me that I won't have any dreams." I think he has bad dreams sometimes because he will wake up shaking and crying, so we would pray that he will have good dreams, but he prefers not dreams at all. When he wakes up in the morning he will tell us with a big smile that he had no dreams. Here are a few pictures of our Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

I didn't realize Joseph had taken this picture. I thought it was super cute. Those are my boys. Sometimes they are the best of friends and sometimes they fight like nothing else. Mostly they are friends.
We made a gingerbread house from scratch while we were there. Grandma made the gingerbread and Joseph and Samuel chose the house they wanted. We went and bought candy, but I forgot my camera, so when Joseph's camera died, we could not take any pictures of the finished product.
Samuel rolling his dough. He enjoyed being so hands on.
Joseph rolling his dough. He and Samuel both kept taking small pieces just to taste.
While we were there, we were able to go to a train show. The boys loved it and got to see Santa. I have come to the realization that I should never buy gifts before Thanksgiving for the boys because they change their minds constantly about what they like best. What we have already is yesterdays news. Oh well, here's hoping they won't be too disappointed with Christmas. :)

No comments: