Friday, December 14, 2012

Samuel sings

Samuel can be found singing quite often.  I like to sing too and I don't always think about the fact that I am doing it.  One day I was singing some of "Little Talks" by the group Of Monsters and Men.  I was singing the chorus in the car and Samuel kept saying "Hut."  It took me awhile to realize that he was singing the part where they say "Hey."  For whatever reason he thought they say "hut" and that is what he sings when he hears the song on the radio.

At the dinner table the other night he randomly started to sing "I will wait, I will wait for you."  It is the chorus of the song by Mumford and Sons by the same title. 

I have sung the boys the Christmas song "Nuttin' for Christmas."  Samuel took the tune and changed the words to "I am getting lots of presents because I am such a good boy." 

He also likes to sing the Star Wars Darth Vader background music.  I don't know what it is called. 

When we listen to the radio, here are some of the songs that he wants me to stop on:

"Home" by Philip Phillips
"Just Dance" by Lady Gaga
"Some Nights" and "We are Young" by Fun.
"Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men
"Somebody that I used to Know" by Gotye
"Ho Hey" by the Lumineers who I have mistakenly called the Imagineers
"Gangham Style" by PSY
"We are Never Ever Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift
"I Will Wait" by Mumford and Sons

There are more songs, but these are some that I know he likes to listen too.  He makes up other songs that are his own tune.  I like that he likes to sing.  I have also randomly singing "Follow the Prophet" and "I am a Child of God."  He is such a cute boy.  :)

No comments: