Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Random tidbits

On Sunday, the primary had their program. Joseph had worked on his line, "I can show reverence at home by praying." On Sunday, when it was his turn, he went up to the podium and the sister tried to help him. He looked over at her and then said, "I don't need help." When he turned the microphone, he started to talk and then turned to her and said, "I can't remember." It was a funny moment that made people in the congregation laugh. Also, we sat in a pew on the side and to the front. In front of us was a sister with 2 little boys and behind us was a couple with one son, probably almost 10. One of the 2 little boys has some disabilities, and at one point during the meeting, he grabbed Joe's hair and tried to grab Samuel. The little boy behind us started hitting his parents and yelling no. It made for an interesting meeting trying to keep the boys from the little boy's hands in front of us.

Yesterday we went to look at a fridge and then were going to look at some cabinets. I was debating out loud on the way to drive, and I said, "I will take the freeway." Here is the following conversation:

Mommy: "I will take the freeway."
Joseph: "I wonder what kind of free stuff they will give."
Mommy: "What free stuff?"
Joseph: "On the freeway."
Mommy (laughing): "They don't give free stuff on the freeway. That isn't what it is."
Joseph: "Then what is a freeway."

Samuel is talking more. Yesterday he gripped our bread and started to say "bed, bed, bed" over and over again. Too bad it wasn't good and I couldn't give it to him. He is also very attached to a little car that looks like a pig from the movie Cars. He hides it and then laughs when we find it and give it back to him. I am also beginning to think that his wake up time is changing. No more 8 in the morning. It is now 6 or 7. Yuck. :)

No comments: