Monday, September 20, 2010

Exhausted

Joseph got out of bed around 10 and puked. He kept puking so I moved him to our room to be closer to the bathroom. After not making it to the bathroom, I decided that rather than wake up Joe with Joseph calling for me often, I would move to the living room. As I moved the blankets for Joseph to sleep on to the floor, at midnight I heard Samuel whimper and then he started to cry. He then started to cry louder and I knew what had happened. He had vomited in his crib, on his pillow, in his hair...ewwww. Anyways, I took him to the bathroom and he vomited into the toilet. I gave him a bath and put clean clothes on him, he vomited all over them, so he had another bath. I just wrapped him in a towel. Meanwhile, Joseph had to vomit a few more times and he didn't want to be alone in the bathroom, but Samuel didn't want to be put down, so I was carrying Samuel, covering Joseph's eyes for him so he wouldn't see the vomit in the toilet, as he is crying because it came out his nose and Samuel is crying because he isn't comfortable and feeling well. By one in the morning, I was just hoping to survive the night. I didn't want to wake Joe because I knew he needed to be up early for work. Joseph finally stopped vomiting around 1:30 in the morning and fell asleep. Samuel wasn't so lucky and puked on and off till almost 5 in the morning. I was just grateful that it came less often as the early morning progressed because I was able to sleep a little. I had to hold him while I pulled off his covers and pillow case and load the laundry. The boys are both napping (it is 6 p.m.), but I don't want to wake them. Poor kiddos. At least they are not throwing up at the moment. As for me, I am exhausted, but I did get the kitchen cleaned.

3 comments:

Laney said...

I am not a mother, but I can imagine that night was hell! The Flu is the worst. I hope that you and Joe don't catch whatever they have. And that you all get a VERY good nights rest. Hang in there girl!

Brittney said...

Oh, that sounds awful! I hope they're doing much better today!

Michelle said...

Wow. That sounds awful, I don't even know what to say! I hope things are better now.

I'm not as nice as you, so I know I would've woken Jeff up once the second kiddo got up, especally where you had to deal with both at the same time! Luckily I still haven't had to deal with either throwing up...yet. I'm sure it will come.