Saturday, September 11, 2010

Early morning (Saturday) and Sunday

Saturday
My day has already started. Samuel has been awake for over an hour. I am tired and it will be a long day. At least I cleaned the dishes last night and the kitchen is clean, so now what to do with the rest of the day. He woke up 5:30 in the morning and refused to nap. Joseph was up at around 7:30, so I decided to hit a few garage sales to see if there was anything good. Samuel fell asleep in the car at around 8 in the morning.

It is also the 9th year of the World Trade Center attacks. I watched a power point and was amazed at how close it still feels. It is a shame that we aren't more united as a country now like we were then. My heart goes out to people who lost loved ones in the tragedy. It reminds of the book I read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It is the story of a boy who lost a father in the attacks. The author does manipulate a reader's emotions, but it brings the heartache and fear to surface of an event that transformed a nation.

Sunday
Today was regional conference. We heard from Elder Snow, Sister Beck, Elder Holland, and President Packer. Elder Snow's message about spirituality and remembering them and the need to "remember to renew" our experiences was great. Sister Beck's message was that we can be doing better. Elder Holland talked about the trials of our days and Elder Packer stressed faith. All in all, a very good conference.

Samuel was having a rough time during the conference and didn't want to sit still. After lunch today, he was quiet in the bedroom and I wondered why. Joe went to check on him. He had found an ant and was looking at him walk around. Every once in awhile, he would put his hand near it and smile. My little observant scientist.

Tonight was rough for Samuel. He woke up around 11:30 and didn't fally back asleep till after 1:30 in the morning. Yay for being tired. :P

This last week I was able to visit with one of my mission companions who is visiting her family in Utah. It was fun to hang out and meet her darling little girls. It is crazy that so much time has passed between my mission and where I am today. She looked amazing and I do wish that she and a few of my other companions lived closer so we could hang out.

No comments: