Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cuties

Samuel has finally started to say "amen" after prayers. It is cute to hear him say it. I was playing a game and kept saying "oh man" and he repeated it. I wonder if he wondered why we didn't fold our arms. We moved Joseph into Samuel's room, so we have a new bedtime routine. We read a couple of books, and I rock Samuel in a chair and sing hymns, then we say a prayer together. For Joseph it used to be just books and prayer, and for Samuel songs and prayer. Joseph seems to enjoy the songs and requests songs at night. His favorite for me to sing right now is "Siembra Gozo (Scatter Sunshine)." He requests it every night. Last night he even tried singing along even though he doesn't know Spanish. It was so cute. I sang it a second time for him to hear the words and try some more.

He doesn't want to learn Spanish. He says that he wants to be English. At his preschool, we are having Spanish lessons and I talked about why it is important for him to try and speak the language. He will learn, even if it is reluctantly at the moment. Joe asked him why he doesn't want to learn Spanish and he said, "Because it will make me turn brown." I have no idea where he got this from. I remember when I was little I would get mad at one of my aunts because she would tell me that my babies were going to be super dark when they were born. I don't know what goes on in his head, but that definitely took me by surprise.

1 comment:

Vatonurse said...

Hahaha, that's too funny. I remember Dad trying to get me to say I want milk "en espanol" but I never knew what he was asking me to do so I would repeat "en espanol".