Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sick boy Joseph

Joseph hasn't slept very well tonight. He has woken up a couple of times. The first time he said he was scared and that he wanted a drink. The second time he woke up, he was crying in bed, so I got up again and this time he felt very warm. He has a temp of 101.6 right now. I brought him out of the room and he is sleeping on some blankets on the floor in the living room. He is a little loopy, maybe because of the medicine, and is laughing about a movie that he saw, "Aliens in the Attic." He is mentioning the part where one of the boys calls an alien a "fruitcake." He just laughed and looked at me and said he is having a fruitcake dream.

We watched part of it with Joe the other night and there is a scene where 2 aliens are watching part of the "Mask of Zorro." One alien comments that first they were fighting and then their lips were hugging. Joseph's comment to this, as he laughed, "He said their lips are hugging. They are such the aliens!"

I hope he falls asleep soon. I am feeling jittery and nauseated because I am so tired. He is talking about throwing up now and how if he swallows (as he demonstrates) it goes back in.

No comments: