Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mental images

Yesterday Joseph and I helped Amy and Michael move into Heritage Halls. I don't think that I will ever forget Joseph helping us move things. He carried in her teddy bear and I loved watching his little profile as he carried in her calendar. He was helping out and trying to tell her where things should be placed to organize. He is so much fun and I just can't believe that he is going to be 5 this year.

Yesterday, I also watched Samuel in our kitchen. He was opening and closing cupboards, and at one point, he looked over at me and gave me a close-mouthed grin that looked like the total mischief maker that he is at times. I didn't have my camera, but my mind has it stamped there for the moment. I hope I don't forget how cute he is.

Tonight we went over to hang out with some friends. They barbequed and then we just ate and talked. We also went outside and played a little bit of soccer. It was fun. Joseph played goalie. He was so excited and exclaimed over and over again that he learned how to do it and would then fake a dive. He is starting to pay attention to the World Cup and says that he wants the United States to win. It is great to finally have someone close by that we can hang out with.

2 comments:

Celia said...

I'm so glad you guys came over! I vote for more soccer and more trips to the library :)

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

Agreed!!