Sunday, March 14, 2010

New accomplishments


Samuel can now hold his own sippy. This is a big deal because now I can hand it to him and he can drink himself. Of course this means that he chews the sippy nipple and splashes milk all over the place which in turn makes him laugh and do it more. He learned to say "all done." When he sees his daddy he says "dadadada." He likes to clap a lot. If we can get him to walk at all, we all cheer him on and clap when he reaches his destination. He smiles and claps along with everyone.

Joseph recognizes all the letters in their upper and lower case. We are working on getting him to read some words. He has counted to 31 and is still a bitt muffled with 14 through 19, but once he reaches 20 (with help) he counts on his own. He is also picking up on some Spanish. Since I am teaching at Walden, I told him he could come if he can learn and remember words in Spanish. He doesn't always remember them, but at least he is trying to say things whereas before, he wouldn't even try.

It is actually Tuesday morning, and I am getting ready to go to jury duty selection. I have never done this before, so I am a bit nervous and extremely tired. The clock may have said it was 6:15 in the morning, but my body felt like it was only 5:15. I need to go and get some snacks in case I am there longer than I hope to be.

No comments: