Saturday, January 10, 2009

Building a snowman

Joe took Joseph outside to build a snowman the other night. We had received a ton of good packing snow, so we wanted to do it before it got hard and icy. We all were getting a little sick, but we played for a little bit. Joseph and I had very runny noses from being sick, but we still went out. This is a pic of Joseph before we went outside. He has on overalls and 2 layers of pants. He also has on 2 shirts on underneath the overalls and his blanket coat. I had to put a scarf on him because I had one on when we getting ready to go out. His little mittens are cut out of the pic. This is Joseph showing how deep the snow is. He is always making carpet angels or leaf angels, but he didn't dare make a snow angel. He did crawl/swim through the snow. As he approached the sidewalk, he asked for help because he was stuck.
Here are mommy and Joseph next to our snowman. It is not a very easy task to squat at this point. We had dinosaurs and buckets and sand toys so we could build and play. My little boy is so much fun!!! He is wearing one of mommy's scarves. He has declared that it is his.

Joseph misses all the company we had over the break. He asks where people are all the time. The other day he said that Michelle is like Meredith. I asked him why and he said that they both had babies. He still asks for his cousins Nathan and Mackenzie. Luckily, Mackenzie lives close by so when they visited on Friday night, Joseph was able to snuggle against the back of Kenzie's head. He was too sick for me to allow him to kiss her.

My doctor's appointment was on Thursday. I am dilated to a 2, 60% effaced, and the baby's head is down. The doctor wasn't very confident I would make it in for my appointment this coming Friday. We still don't have a name picked out. Hopefully we will be inspired. I know the nesting bug hasn't hit because I just want to sit down and do nothing. I have a messy house (which Joe keeps reminding me about). I don't have the energy to clean. I start and stop so many times. Add doing some grocery shopping and trying to entertain a sick little boy, I just want to sleep (which is hard to do).

2 comments:

Vatonurse said...

We're looking forward to the arrival of our new nephew. Get lots of rest while you can! :)

Brittney said...

Wow, I can't believe you're so close! Good luck! I'll give you a call soon to see how things are going. :)