Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Random Joseph quote

I know that my Joseph is a thinker. He will often ask questions or make statements that are out of the blue. Tonight was one of those times. As we were driving back from football practice:

Joseph: "Marriage is hard, huh mommy. You have to work hard not to break up."
Mommy: "What makes you say that?"
Joseph: "It was just something I thought of."

I wondered why he mentioned this and he said that he had been thinking about it. I asked if he had friends with parents that broke up. He said no. He then said that he wanted our family to stay the same, with me as his mommy, Joe as his daddy, and Samuel as his brother. I hope he doesn't stress out about the what-if scenarios that I did as a child.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is quite a surprising thing for him to say and think about! I know I didn't think about that when I was his age! He's so cute!