Sunday, January 30, 2011

Samuel and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...

Yesterday was not the best day for Samuel. Apart from having a fever on Friday to starting a family prescription for whooping cough, he had a number of bad falls. I was outside cleaning yesterday and he went to the backyard with his grandpa. At one point, he slipped on ice and hit the back of his head (injury number 1). I checked him and then let him play some more. He and Joseph came to the front yard and started to run around. As he was running on the sidewalk, he tripped and face planted (injury number 2). He got a big goose egg and looked kind of like a klingon from Star Trek. The bruising is now turning into a couple of black eyes (I will post pictures later). I dislike head injuries because they make me worry. I checked his pupils and then watched his behavior throughout the day. He napped briefly about 45 minutes later in the day. Well, before his nap, he went to play with the kids upstairs and was running around. He stumbled and hit the side of his head (injury number 3). I checked him again and he seems okay. For all the bad stuff that happened, last night he was in a fairly good mood. He slept all night but now has a slight cough that started yesterday. I wonder if his equilibrium is off because he has a head cold...anyways. I hope that he won't have another day like yesterday. Poor kid.

No comments: