Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Birthday present



Joe got tickets for me and a guest to go to Guster. He didn't obligate me to take him, but I wanted him to come with me. :) I know he likes Guster just a little bit. It was this past Saturday at In the Venue in Salt Lake. It was a fun concert after the large lady in front of me moved down and I could actually see the concert.



My view for the first bit of the concert. I had to encroach on her personal space a bit so she would have to dance elsewhere. My plan worked. After she moved, the girl next to me that was also being blocked by the dancing woman, leaned over and said, "You can finally see the concert too!" Yeah.

The concert was enjoyable and I really liked the music. I recognize some Guster songs and it was fun to hear some of their new material. They are fun to listen to and they are fun to watch. Their stage interchange is entertaining. For instance, they had a new band member and the crowd was asking for a song called "bury me." Ryan Miller asked him if he had even heard of the song and he told them no. They then turned to the crowd and said, "we will play the song, but Luke has to sing it" and they did just that. He didn't know the words but made some up. During the encore, the Luke played a Red Hot Chili Pepper's song and Brian Rosenworcel sang to it. He sounded terrible, but it was funny.

Thanks to my husband for the nice night and thanks to Esteban for babysitting the boys. One of Joe and my first dates was to a Guster, John Butler Trio and John Mayer outdoor concert in Park City. Good times. :)

No comments: