Saturday, May 23, 2009

Busy times

The past couple of weeks have flown by. We have been busy. Everyday I have to make sure our house is spotless, just in case someone wants to come by and see it. We have had a few nibbles, but no offers yet. There was a couple that looked at it yesterday that may put in an offer after Memorial Day, but I am trying not to get my hopes up. Also, yesterday the person that probably made the full price offer on our house when we bought it dropped in to see it. He liked it and asked if we would take a lower price. I told him we were entertaining offers so he should call and make one. He also asked if we would rent the house if we did not sell it. We had an open house last Saturday and had 10 different sets of people come through. All in all, I am excited about the prospect of selling our home.

Joseph likes to show me things now and says that he has learned to do this or "I can do this now." He is happy to be learning. He also recognizes all the letters in his name. He draws the letters H, L, J, and O. We are also working on getting him to drink more water. He doesn't like to drink plain water. We are keeping a chart of what he drinks everyday so he can see. It is funny because each day I go out to water the year and on occasion, I will get him wet and say that I am watering him so he can grow. He laughs and then says that water on the outside won't help him grow but water on the inside will (We had to have a long conversation about why he needed to drink more water).

Samuel likes to look around and touch the world around him. When I water the lawn, I usually have to carry him in one arm. He drools a ton. If I am not changing his outfit due to a blowout, I am changing it because he soaked it with drool (even with a bib on). He is more vocal about things. He hates tummy time. He is going bald in the back. He sleeps really well at night now. Usually he sleeps from 8 or 9 p.m. till 5 or 6 a.m. On rare occasions, he will wake up one time for a feeding. He had his 4 month check up a week ago. He weighed a little over 16 pounds (82nd percentile), is 25 inches long (67th percentile), and his head was in the 86th percentile (not nearly as big as Joseph's).

Joe's boss got fired at work on Thursday. He is such a nice guy and worked so hard. Joe's CFO called him into a meeting and said, "I have heard good things about you." He then told him that he has to step up. So, now they expect Joe to be the team lead, plus do his job...all without increasing his pay. It made me so mad that they are expecting more work and responsibility, but are not planning on compensating him in any way.

No comments: