Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wherein Joseph psychoanalyzes his motivation

Yesterday morning I was cooking breakfast for Joseph and Samuel.  We were getting Joseph ready for school and out of the blue, he starts to talk about something that must have been pressing on his mind.  I have dropped Joseph off at school a few times.  Each time it has been rough because he starts to cry and won't stop.  It has been frustrating, to say the least, and I didn't understand why he could go from being happy to being so upset, especially because he is fine when he leaves on the bus.  Well, back to the breakfast table.  Joseph stated out of the blue, "I know why I cry when you drop me off at school.  It is because I feel like you are leaving me, but when I take the bus, it is like I am leaving you."  I guess the thought of me leaving him hurts him, so it is better when he does the leaving on the bus. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oooooo...that is really sweet and cute.

Celia said...

Holy cow. Joseph is so smart! I love that kid.