Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sick Samuel


Samuel taking his own temperature. He is becoming a pro at it because he still has a fever.

Since Monday, Samuel has had a fever. It was in the low 100's, but last night was at a 102. This morning it went from 102 to 103 in a matter of minutes, so I decided (against my better judgement) to take him to the doctor. I am afraid that he will have a febrile seizure like Joseph did, so I wanted to be safe. Of course, I know the time period for fevers (if it is longer than 4-5 days and his only started on Monday), but part of me hoped it was a simple ear infection that would require an antibiotic. Yet again, the doctor told me to watch him and if it hasn't passed by Friday to go back in. I should know better by now. It is a waste of a copay each time I get told the same thing. It would be a virus and not a bacterial infection, so there is nothing to do but let it pass. Viruses are so not conducive to a worried mother.

No comments: