Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I wish I was Samuel...for reals

Since Samuel is smaller, he gets a lot of attention from everyone. People often come around and they will go crazy over Samuel and Joseph is kind of left on the fringes. I feel bad for my little guy. After they go crazy over Samuel, they often say, "hi Joseph" as an afterthought. Joseph usually waits for someone to pay attention to him (mommy doesn't count). He usually says, "I wish I was Samuel...for reals." When I ask him why, he says "Because." He has expressed this sentiment often and each time I express that we love him. It breaks my heart. Sometimes he tries to do what Samuel does for attention...not always the best thing, but it makes him feel more noticed.

I have been trying to spend more time with him. The other day he asked us what the biggest number was and we explained infinity to him. He thought about if for a couple of days and asked why there couldn't be an end to numbers. My little thinker (as he named his wolf from Build-a-Bear). :)

No comments: