Monday, June 17, 2013

Rain blizzard

Last Sunday we went to stake conference in Bay City.  It is about a 45 minute drive from where we live.  It was overcast, but it did not seem like it would rain.  Conference was nice and we started to drive home.  As we drove, the closer we got to Brazoria, the more we saw lightning.  We were having fun watching the lightning and driving.  We were driving towards the turn off to Lake Jackson and I could see that it was raining a lot, but I had no idea what we were in for.  I had forgotten that sometimes it rains so much that there is no visibility.  That happened on FM 2004.  It was raining so hard that I could not see out the window in front of me, even with the wipers going at full blast.  It was anxiety inducing to say the least.  I had to calm myself down as I drove because I could not see at all and we were driving 30 mph on a road that is 65 mph.  The worse parts of the drive were driving over the bridges because they are narrow and there were cars driving the opposite direction that I could not see until we were driving by them.  At least I quelled the anxiety attack and we made it home safely.  I love thunderstorms and rain, but I hate to drive when they are happening because it is stressful.  When it rains it pours is an understatement. 

No comments: